FlexDM is a cloud-based service that provides users, integrators, installers, and support personnel with complete control of their West Pond Smart Headend Products.
FlexDM Functionality Overview
FlexDM is a cloud-based content and device management system that provides users, integrators, installers, and West Pond support personnel (if permitted) with the ability to remotely manage any FlexStream device and the media delivered by that device. Built upon the FlexStream MX-400’s comprehensive AV management tools, FlexDM allows users to monitor critical systems characteristics as a single device or groups of devices. In addition, FlexDM permits access to each device from any internet connection and the ability to monitor the status of one or more devices, reconfigure a device, update the devices software, and manage the devices content distribution. AV content, including streaming video and signage content, can be managed by FlexDM as well as the ability to monitor any input or output AV signals that the MX device is connected to. FlexDM also has tools to transcode AV content into FlexStream TV compatible streaming video files for use on any of your FlexStream devices. All this control from the web browser of any connected device.
Whether you have one system, or hundreds of systems, FlexDM can make your life easier.
- Systems checked at a glance – Check the health of your system(s) and networks quickly. Storage, bandwidth, CPU, environmental data. The device dashboard summarizes the important aspects of the FlexStream MX-400 systems and the networks they are connected to.
- Notifications – Get system, security, and environmental alerts at a glance. Get notified when a vital sign is out of spec, or a user fails to log in.
- Chart the data. Use the dashboard charting feature to monitor system vitals over time. The temperature rising because someone left the server room door open again! Use FlexDM charts to see when it happened.
- Enable others to manage the network. Use the FlexDM organization features to create FlexDM accounts for others in your staff so they can help to manage your network of FlexStream devices.
- Custom Video additions are a snap – We make creating a training, hotel amenities, or local-attractions channel easy. Use your smartphone to create videos of your facilities amenities, local attractions, and special assets. Let FlexDM prepare them for TV compatibility automatically and download them to your FlexStream device. Viola, you are now managing your own TV station.
- Share content across properties and locations – Same channel, multiple places. Use the FlexDM group feature to manage devices on multiple properties that all play the same content. The perfect resort channel management system for hotels and other common properties.
- Make a quick change to the signage content. Use FlexDM’s remote access feature to add a new sponsor to a stadiums advertisement signage. Save it. Test it. Then verify the results are on the TV screens. No worries, you made the change remotely long before the event started.
- Easy Remote Support – Stumped? Don’t worry. West Pond’s technical staff is there for you. Using FlexDM and the management features of the FlexStream MX-400 smart headend systems we can quickly diagnose your problems, make the necessary configuration changes to rectify the issue, and validate the solution.